"A life changing event."
"The biggest highlight so far in my uke journey."
"The portal to being more complete as a person."
"I never would have imagined I could learn to play at this level in such a short amount of time."
"Exceeded my wildest dreams!"
"A joy and an inspiration."
WHAT IS MAXIMUM UKULELE™?
MaxUke is an all-day Super Workshop led by Peter Luongo, the inspirational director of the internationally acclaimed Langley Ukulele Ensemble. A day at MaxUke is a mix of intensity and fun! Using the ensemble model as a teaching tool, you will learn accompaniment with proper, rhythmic strumming, to play licks and leads, and you will explore the full potential of the ukulele as a musical instrument.
The morning session begins with basic instruction in several techniques, then rapidly progresses to playing and singing in multiple parts, as an ensemble. Several playing levels are demonstrated, allowing participants to pick the part in each song that best fits their abilities. For those looking to be challenged, the afternoon session adds advanced techniques to the mix.
Instruction begins at 8:30AM and runs until approximately 4:30PM. Depending on venue capabilities, an informal performance for family and friends may also be included, demonstrating what you’ve learned during the day.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO IS MAXIMUM™ UKULELE FOR?
All players with basic intermediate skills are welcome. The course is designed for:
• Players interested in becoming better performers.
• Players interested in advancing beyond the social club setting.
• Teachers wanting to increase their repertoire of instructional techniques and strategies.
• Enthusiasts looking to enhance their musicianship and performance skills.
• Ensemble Members looking to continue training without the demands of the Ensemble program.
NOTE: The course is designed for low-G tuning and is most practical on tenor or concert scale instruments. You will not be able to participate in all of the instruction with a soprano or high G instrument.
YOU SHOULD POSSESS THESE MINIMUM SKILLS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF A MAXUKE SESSION.
• Can play commonly used first position chords
• Can play the notes of a C scale
• Can strum in time to common songs
• Enjoy singing and are able to sing in tune
• Can pick out simple melodies on the uke
• Can identify when chords change in a song
• Are motivated to move to the next level of playing ability
About Peter Luongo
In 1981, Peter Luongo embarked on a journey that would enhance the lives of generations of students and redefine the meaning of “youth music program.” He is now leading a program to mirror these very same qualities and offer similar, life-affirming experiences to adult learners: MAXIMUM UKULELE™.
The Luongo Ukulele Experience presents this ongoing series of standalone, extended-day, motivational seminars designed for players, teachers, and enthusiasts who wish to extract maximum enjoyment out of their love for the ukulele. There is also the opportunity to join a touring, performing ensemble! Members of the Luongo Ukulele Experience Ensemble are now realizing these same thrills, performing for hundreds at major ukulele festivals.