JOIN US FOR A SPECIAL DAY at the KALA UKULELE FACTORY IN PETALUMA, CA!
Whether you are a teacher looking for ideas on using the ukulele in the classroom, or a player wanting to advance beyond the social club setting or enhance your performing skills, this special session is for you!
EXPLORE ALL OF THE UKULELE’S ARTISTIC ABILITIES!
• Tour the Kala factory!
• Shop a special selection of ukuleles, available for purchase directly from the custom shop!
WHAT IS MAXIMUM UKULELE™?
MaxUke is an all-day Super Workshop designed to support and challenge educators, aspiring musicians, and ukulele enthusiasts. The program is led by Peter Luongo, the inspirational former director of the internationally acclaimed Langley Ukulele Ensemble, internationally recognized workshop presenter, and leader of the recently formed Luongo Ukulele Experience performing group.
A day at MaxUke is a mix of intensity and fun! Using the ensemble model as the teaching format, participants will learn to play melody and harmony lines, accompaniment with proper, rhythmic strumming, and explore the full potential of the ukulele as a musical instrument and a teaching tool leading to music literacy.
The morning session begins with basic instruction in several techniques, then rapidly progresses to playing and singing as an ensemble. Several playing levels are demonstrated, allowing participants to pick the part in each song that best fits their abilities. For those looking to be challenged, the afternoon session adds advanced techniques to the mix.
Instruction begins at 8:30AM. There will be a 90 minute break for independent lunch. There is a popular deli nearby or you may bring your own lunch. Facilities for eating on property are very limited. Afternoon instruction will run until approximately 4:30PM. Factory tour and shopping session will be scheduled during breaks.
Tuition: $199 per person. Class size limited to 30.
WHO IS MAXIMUM™ UKULELE FOR?
All players with basic intermediate skills are welcome. The course is designed for:
• Players interested in becoming better performers.
• Players interested in advancing beyond the social club setting.
• Teachers wanting to increase their repertoire of instructional techniques and strategies.
• Enthusiasts looking to enhance their musicianship and performance skills.
• Ensemble Members looking to continue training without the demands of the Ensemble program.
SUGGESTED MINIMUM SKILLS
• Can play first position chords: ( i.e. C, C7, D, F, F7, G, A, Bb)
• Can play a C scale
• Enjoys singing and is able to sing in tune
• Can pick out simple melodies on the uke
• Can identify chord changes
• Is motivated to move to the next level of playing ability
NOTE: The course is designed for low-G tuning and is most practical on tenor or concert scale instruments. You will not be able to participate in all of the instruction with a soprano or high G instrument.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.